By Michael Cruz
IIAGG Football Week 6 Review
Three games were played this past weekend and one makeup game Tuesday.
- Friday started off with an upset as the Okkodo Bulldogs edged the Father Duenas Friars 3-0 in double overtime. Guam High played Louisville Cardinals to Southern High’s Florida International in a 54-0 beat down.
- GW won Saturday night over rival JFK 19-14. The Geckos were called back to work Tuesday night against the well rested Simon Sanchez Sharks. The rain is still a factor and hopefully we will see some dry conditions the rest of the season.
- The Okkodo Bulldogs pulled off a much needed win over the undefeated Friars. The win was big, especially for the seniors. Coach Cepeda prepared well in the two weeks leading up. Okkodo should finish the season 2-4. Okkodo may lack offensive firepower, but their defense keeps them in games.
- The Friars have lost for the first time and the passing game has been shut down. FD will need to make adjustments especially headed into the final game against the Sharks.
The Panthers unloaded all the offensive fire power on Southern. LJ Aguon went 5 for 5 for 205 yards and a touchdown. The second half, the reserves came in and performed just as well.
- The Dolphins fought to the very end. On a positive note, Southern did play their first home game on a new refurbished field and bleachers.
- GW picked up a hard fought win over JFK 19-14 and was rewarded with the Simon Sanchez Sharks Tuesday. The Sharks running game and defense feasted on the Geckos in the 39-7 win.
- Week 6 Defensive Player of the Week: Justin Santos, Okkodo LB/PK – Santos had his best game of the year with five tackles for a loss, including two sacks, and kicked the game winning field goal.
- Week 6 Offensive Player of The Week: Daniel Cruz, Sanchez RB – Scored three rushing touchdowns in the Sharks fourth straight win.
Week 7 Predictions
- Okkodo vs. Southern – The Bulldogs will get their second win. Okkodo 28 Southern 0.
- GH vs. JFK – Guam High has just too much firepower for JFK’s defense. GH 28 JFK 8.
- FD vs. Sanchez – FD’s passing offense will get back on track in this game. The Sharks though are now rolling and will stop the Friars when it counts. Sanchez 21 FD 14.
- Sanchez (4-1)
- Guam High (4-1)
- FD (4-1)
- GW (3-3)
- JFK (2-3)
- Okkodo (1-4)
- Southern (0-5)
Off Island Report
- Check out Matthew Eaton’s midseason video on hudl.
- USC OT Zach Banner had a season ending hip injury. We pray for your successful surgery, recovery, and return next year Zach.
- Remember the name Adoree’ Jackson he is the #1 player in California for the Class of 2014. The young man will be playing on Sunday’s in the future.
- Jarrett Mitchell of Kubasaki, arguably the best player in the Far East broke the school record with 379 yards on 14 carries and four touchdowns.
- Anyone out there who is aware of other players stateside with a Guam connection please let me know!
[fbshare url=”http://www.gspnlive.com/football/iiaag-football-week-6-review/” type=”button”] [fblike url=”http://www.gspnlive.com/football/iiaag-football-week-6-review/” style=”standard” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”]
[/sixcol_five_last][useful_banner_manager_banner_rotation banners=53, 38 interval=8 width=120 height=600 orderby=rand]
GPS Sports Calendar